August: The First
This is a photo log of the restoration of one of my Triumph1800 Roadsters started August 1, 2007.
This car will sport a 350 Chevy small block engine with supercharger, 4 speed transmission, Chevy rear end, and Mag wheels for now.
The first four weeks were all about removing all 6 coats of paint using aircraft paint stripper. Remember when using a sander or grinder on this car, only the front fenders are steel, the rest of the body is soft aluminum. Next I removed the old engine, transmission, and drive shaft.
Click any picture to enlarge.
October: The Third Month
The third four weeks were all about prepping the items that need to be re-chromed. This was no small task, the grill, all handles, window trim, lights, hinges, all had to be disassembled down to single parts. The dickie seats alone took me four hours each to disassemble and stamp; do not forget to stamp the seats for easy reassembly. I decided to chrome a few parts that were not originally chromed, for example: the dickie seat slide bars, and the rear license trim plate.
November: The Fourth Month
The forth four weeks were all about test mounting the V8 to the frame. First we had to remove the cross member under the firewall.
Then came the the first test fit, after removing the lower wood section of the firewall, we slid the V8 and transmission into place.
December: The Fifth Month
Sorry guys, I took December off for the holidays.
Contact Bob Capo at email@example.com for further information
on any of our restorations.